Train to Become an Electrician with Options Skills
'We provide the most comprehensive training programme in the industry. Our Adult Apprenticeships combine Practical Skills Training and Qualifications. We then build your confidence and experience with a local mentor and give you the opportunity to get paid work via our own Trades Network. Read on to find out more..'
Train to become an Electrician through our range of Electrician Courses
At Option Skills, we have a range of electrician courses that are designed for beginners who wish to train to be an electrician. Our courses are complemented by our unique Adult Apprenticeship Scheme. In addition we also offer shorter courses and qualifications for time served electricians and domestic installers that may need to obtain or renew qualifications such as Testing and Inspection, DEI (Part P) or 17th Edition wiring Regulations.
At Options Skills we believe that we have developed the most comprehensive electrician training courses in the country. The training is aimed at mature people. We have a 3-step approach to electrical training.
1. Professional Electrical Course – incorporates practical training in small groups as well as essential qualifications 17th Edition Wiring Regulations and DEI (Part P).
2. On-site work experience – we build your confidence and competency levels by placing you with a local electrician to enable you to gain valuable on-site work experience. This is a voluntary arrangement and although not mandatory it is recommended you try and take advantage of this offer.
3. Testing and Inspection Qualifications – return to the training centre to gain Periodic and Initial Testing and Inspection Qualifications. We recommend that you build your on-site experience before attempting this step of your training and development.
You can train to be an electrician at Options Skills. Electrical Training has been devised for a variety of different people. The course is extremely popular with the following groups:
1. Existing trades people that want to gain skills and qualifications that will allow them to ‘sign off’ on their own electrical installations.
2. Landlords and property developers – who save money by completing installations and projects themselves.
3. Career Changers – the course is designed to offer people real skills and qualifications that will allow them to join a Competent Persons Scheme and either work for them or you can apply for ECS card through JIB if you needed to demonstrate competency to an employer or contractor.