Ground Source & Air Source Heat Pumps | Low-Temperature System Design
Designed for qualified gas engineers with experience installing wet central heating systems, learners will undertake two weeks of training to gain:
- Low-Temperature Design (LTHWS)
- Air Source Heat Pump Installation and Maintenance (IMASHPS)
- Ground Source Heat Pump Installation and Maintenance (IMHPS21)
Accredited by LCL, Heat Pumps and Low-Temperture System Design is delivered as part of our ACS Gas & Renewables Training Course. It is also available as an add-on course to existing engineers.
Installation and Maintenance of Ground Source and Air Source Heat Pumps
- Inspect, service and maintain heat pump systems Know the health and safety risks and safe systems of work associated with heat pump systems.
- Know the requirements of regulations and standards relating to the installation, testing and commissioning of heat pump systems.
- Know the purpose and operational characteristics of heat pump system components.
- Know the different types of heat pump systems and the arrangements for hydraulic emitter circuits.
- Know the principles of heat pump selection and system design.
- Know the fundamental design principles for ground source ‘closed loop’ heat pump collector circuit design, component sizing and installation.
- Know the layouts of ‘open loop’ water-filled heat pump collector circuits.
- Know the requirements to install, commission and hand over air source heat pump systems.
- Know the requirements to install and test heat pump systems (non-refrigerant circuits).
- Understand the requirements to commission heat pump system installations (non-refrigerant circuits).
- Understand the requirements to handover heat pump system installations.
- Be able to install heat pump systems.
- Be able to test and commission heat pump systems.
- Be able to test and commission an air source heat pump installation (non-refrigerant circuits).
- Be able to handover a ground source heat pump installation.
- Know the requirements for the non-refrigerant circuit routine service and maintenance of heat pump system installations.
- Know how to diagnose and rectify defects and malfunctions in heat pump systems.
- Know how to rectify non-refrigerant circuit faults in heat pump system installations.
Low-Temperature System Design
- Know the latest industry standards and regulatory framework relating to heating design
- Know the requirements for undertaking a room by room heat loss for a property
- Know how to correctly size heat emitters for low-temperature heating systems
- Know how to correctly size pumps and pipework
- Know how to correctly size a domestic hot water system
- Know the basic design principles of system configurations