MCS (MICROGENERATION CERTIFICATION SCHEME)
Formed in 2007, MCS have led the way for the installation of small-scale renewable energy options throughout Great Britain.
Working to maintain and improve the quality, MCS are an industry-led scheme demonstrating the quality and reliability of products and installation companies in the low-carbon sector used to produce electricity and heat from renewable sources.
As of 2020, 1,200,000 MSC registered installations have taken place in technologies ranging from air source, and ground source heat pumps to battery storage and wind turbines.
MCS (Microgeneration Certification Scheme)
MCS Certification is recognised throughout the industry as a sign of a high-quality installer and a high-quality product.
As a gas and heating engineer, becoming MCS certified not only comes with personal benefits but demonstrates your commitment.
To become MCS certified, you must:
- Commit to Quality Workmanship
- Commit to Customer Care
- Demonstrate Competency
- Commit To Continual Improvement
MCS offers its members several benefits and opportunities, putting you at the forefront of a growing industry.
- Eligibility for Finance and Incentives (e.g. Renewable Heat Incentive).
- Route To Smart Export Guarantee
- Eligibility for homeowner mortgage lending and insurance
- Compliance with insurance requirements
- Access to competitive finance deals
- Building Work Compliance
- Consumer Protection
- Government Supported Standards
- Listing on the MCS database
- Increased warranties on equipment installed.
- Use of the MCS Quality mark logo on marketing materials